Overwhelmed. That’s the one word that could be used to describe how most people feel in 2020.
COVID-19 took over the world starting in March, and it doesn’t seem like it is going to let go anytime soon. The primary demographic who has suffered the most is the small business owners. According to the IRS, a small business is one that has less than 50 full-time employees.
The good news is that there are several ways to get creative, despite the pandemic! Marketing tactics such as email marketing can help and save these small businesses if employers are willing. Lots of times, owners are disillusioned into thinking email marketing is more for large corporations. The big guys, if you will. However, that is no longer the case at all! In fact, email marketing can benefit smaller companies and can boast of an ROI of 4400%!
Here are a few things you can do to get started successfully using email marketing for your small business!
Not sure if email marketing is right for you? Contact us, and we’ll be happy to discuss your business so we can help you decide!
- Work on and establish your (email) list. Consider this essential but first, create a signup form on your website. Who is interested enough in your business to want emails from you to showcase more of your business/products/services? Explain what more they will be getting from you if they share their information. This, of course, makes sense but avoiding spelling and other common mistakes when you set up your email subscription form. By doing so, you can reach larger target audiences, and your small business will grow even more through email marketing.
- Who gets Which Email? Congratulations, you have established a contact list and have a following. Increase those numbers by deciding who gets which email? It’s fine to share a monthly newsletter with all your contacts, but depending on what kind of business you are in, you will decide what other (general) emails you send to your contact list. Examples include promotional emails, seasonal messages, or even loyalty programs.
- Create tailored designs and content for email. The idea of email marketing is to grab your customers’ attention quickly. .There is no need to reinvent the wheel each time you send out an email blast, but you do want to make sure your email campaign is suitable for your target audience. Content and design are equally essential but remember with small business emails to save you time. Don’t feel the need to go over the top with these elements.
- Sending email campaigns will analyze and improve future campaigns. You have hit “send,” but you’re not done. Learn from your customer base and contacts which campaigns worked and what fell flat. Accept criticism and look for new ways to improve future campaigns. Invite and accept feedback through surveys even. Any way you can find a way to increase your business through email marketing is positive.
Are you struggling with your email marketing strategy? J.D. Scribes can help – schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation with us today!
To conclude, follow these four steps to build your successful email strategy:
- Work on your email building methods
- Plan out what kind of emails you will be sent
- Configure your email designs and contents
- Send out your campaign AND study the results.
Keep these tips in mind, and you will be sure to find yourself with a thriving and engaged email list full of customers interested in your business and what you have to offer!